Accent Press is a feisty, independent publishing company
Founded by Hazel Cushion in 2003, Accent Press is an award-winning independent publisher which has become a major name for dynamic trade publishing. The company publishes a range of fiction and non-fiction titles across four imprints. Accent Press was named Specialist Publisher of the Year and was shortlisted for Independent Publisher of the Year at the IPG Awards.
Accent Press has celebrated many major achievements including:
- Winner of the Best New Business
- Wales’s HOT 100 business start-ups – third place
- Multiple titles have been featured in The Bookseller’s Top Ten Charts
The company and its titles have received considerable media attention including items in national newspapers, leading women’s magazines and international radio.
Accent Press became an accredited Living Wage Employer in 2015.
The company is divided into four imprints:
- Accent Press – The mainstream publishing imprint provides a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Xcite Books – This erotic imprint was started in 2007, becoming the UK’s largest erotic publisher and winning multiple ETO Awards.
- Cariad – mainstream romance publishing sexy, contemporary women’s fiction.
- Accent YA – There’s a new YA publisher in town. This exciting new list aimed at young adults launches in Spring 2016.